KAUSHIKI’S MUSIC AND US
Effective Date: Nov 17th, 2023
Date of last revision: Nov 17th, 2023
The aim of the policy is to:
Ensure that you understand what personal data or personally identifiable information we collect about you;
Provide you the reason for collecting, sharing and using the information; and
Explain how the personal data that you share with us will enable us to provide you with a great user experience on the Platform.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Category of Personal Data
Description of the category
Personal Data collected when you sign in/ sign up for the Platform provided by the Company
This is the data that helps you register and open an account with M&U. This data may include: first name, last name, username, email address, birth date, phone number, gender, street address, and country.
Profile picture associated with your User Account
In case the student is a minor, we will collect the first name, last name, date of birth, gender and country.
Personal Data collected when you use the Services provided by the Company on the Platform
Information about the Offerings, Courses, Content, or any other Services that you access, view, or purchase on the Platform.
● Information about the interactions with M&U such as search queries (including the date and time of any requests you make), purchases of any Offerings that you make on the Platform, and video playback speed of the Content you view/access on the Platform, your browsing history on the Platform, your interaction with the Instructor through the Platform.
● User Content that you post/share/upload with the Company through the Platform including but not limited to audios, photos and/or comments that you make available through your profile.
● When you make a complaint to us regarding any Services offered on the Platform, we will also collect Personal Data (e.g., name, email id, or phone number etc.) submitted to us in the complaint.
Automatically Collected Technical Data
● URL information
● Device identifiers to know about type of device you are using, Device identifiers to know about type of device you are using, the unique device ID, Network connection type (e.g., 3G, LTE, Bluetooth), provider network, device performance, browser type, operating system, information enabling digital rights management
● Online identifiers including cookies and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
● Specific actions that you take on the Platform (e.g., posting comments, uploading User Content, visiting pages or screens, interaction with other users)
● Time, frequency and duration of usage
● Location data- your non- precise location which may be derived or inferred from certain technical data (e.g., IP address, language setting of your device, or payment currency) to comply with geographic requirements in the licensing arrangement with our service providers/partner.
Personal Data that you choose to give us that enables us to provide with additional features
Additional features/ functionality
Payment and Purchase Data
payment method but will include information such as:
Survey/Contest/ Sweepstakes Data
We collect the Personal Data that you provide when you respond to a survey or questionnaire.
Personal Data that we collect from various third parties
Technical service partners
The data that we receive from Zoom or Vimeo will enable us to validate the consumption of our Services.
The data that we receive from payment partners (such as payment ID, name, mobile number, e-mail ID) will enable us to send you invoices and process payments.
THE WAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Reason for M&U/Company to process your Personal Data
Type/ Category of data used
To make available and customize the Platform to suit the user’s requirements
To fulfill contractual obligations that we have to third parties and affiliates that provide services to us. (e.g., to fulfill our contractual obligation to Razorpay, Zoom, Vimeo, and other service providers)
To improve the services provided on the Platform by diagnosing, troubleshooting and fixing issues
To develop new technology, features and to improve services
For marketing and advertisement on the Platform
For ensuring compliance to the law and law enforcement actions/request
To defend legal claims brought against us
For processing payments for purchases made the Platform
For fraud prevention and detection
To conduct research, contest, surveys and sweepstakes
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information that is available Publicly
Information that is available to the Platform Instructor
● Your Public Profile Data will be available to the instructor on the Platform.
● User Content that you post/share/upload with the community through the Platform may also be available to the instructor. (For example, audio, comments and photos)
Class of Recipients
Reason we share it with them
Personal Data you may choose to share
Other applications and devices that you connect with
When you connect your M&U account to a third-party application and or device (s) such as Bluetooth speakers or any other type of audio device, television or any device on your automobile, we will share certain data with that third-party application and or device to facilitate the playback of the services provided by the Platform. We may ask for additional consents and/or permissions in certain cases as we deem fit.
Information we may share
M&U Partners/ Service provider/ Contractual partners
Company allows you to use our Platform with other services like Zoom, Vimeo, Razorpay, Google Analytics and may support other services in the future. We need to share certain Personal Data with them in order to provide you seamless services from them with our Platform. We also work with other service providers that work on our behalf which may need access to certain Personal Data in order to fulfill your request through the Platform.
We currently do not have any advertising partners; however, we reserve the right to do so in future. In such a case, to ensure that the advertising content that you receive on our website is customized to meet your interest, we may work with advertising partners. For this purpose, we and our advertising partners may process certain Personal Data that helps us identify/ infer your interests and preferences. Such advertising shall not be targeted to Minors.
To enable you to make purchases on our website we will share your Personal Data with our payment processors as may be necessary.
Other users on the Platform
The instructors and admin shall have access to some of your Personal Data in order to validate, record and evaluate the submitted/uploaded User Content
We may also share certain Personal Data in pseudonymized form for conducting data analytics and studies to improve the functionality of the Platform.
We will share your Personal Data when in good faith we believe it is necessary for us to comply with applicable statutes or law, or pursuant to a court order, or a subpoena or any other valid legal process.
COOKIES & OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We use or may use the following types of Cookies:
● Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with the features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Platform. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
● Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Platform, maintain your preferences over time, and recognize you when you return to our Platform. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
● Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Platform such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Platform, what pages visitors view on our Platform and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Platform. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve our campaigns and the Services'
You can decide whether or not to accept cookies through your internet browser's settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to adjust some preferences every time you visit a site manually, and some of the services and functionalities may not work.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your information by any external websites, applications, companies or persons thereof. The presence of any Third-Party Links on our Website, cannot be construed as a recommendation, endorsement or solicitation for the same, or any other material on or available via such third-party Links.
You further acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of your information via third-party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products, services, or other materials on, or available via such third-party Links.
DATA SECURITY & RETENTION
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure by employing appropriate physical, technical, organizational, and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing
off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law; we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DNT SIGNALS
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
Users on our Platform will have the following rights:
Rights of Access
You can request access or a copy of your Personal Data that we may process about you
Right to rectification
You can also request us to update your information with us that is incorrect or incomplete
Right to erasure
Users can request us to delete their Personal Data that we have
Right to restrict
Users can always request us to stop us from processing Personal Data either temporarily or permanently
Right to Withdraw consent
Users can withdraw any consent that they have given to us by opting out.
To exercise any of the above rights, you can contact us at email@example.com. We also seek to provide choices about the information that you provide us. When you visit our Website, we may not ask you for any Personal Data although there will be certain information that will be collected automatically.
The Platform is not directed at, targeted towards or intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 18 shall not use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or in any way interact with the Platform or submit any Personal Data to us, except under the supervision and guidance of parents/guardians. We have no intention to collect any Personal Data related to children under the Minimum Age. If it comes to our attention that we have inadvertently collected such information from a person below the Minimum Age, we will delete such Personal Data immediately. If you know that we have collected such data, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Company may share your Personal Data globally to carry out the intended functionalities of the Platform if and when possible or to carry out the activities specified in this Policy. We may also subcontract processing to or share the Personal Data with third parties located in other countries. Such Personal Data will be subjected to privacy laws of that country which may be different from those in India. We will ensure that the transfer of your Personal Data is carried out with appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Phone No: +91-9147056393
Address: 6/B, Valkeshwar Co. Op. H. Soc. Ltd, Behind C. N. Vidyavihar, Ambawadi, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad-380007